Monday, November 12, 2012

studio renovations


I have been dreaming of the perfect studio for years now, in fact is was one of the main reasons we moved to a bigger home. "We" well when I see we I mean mostly my husband Reuben with a little help from friends and family have been working our way though the new place renovating almost every room. Finally after bedrooms, hallways, and dinning & living space have had make overs its was my studio’s turn, which was originally the dinning room when we purchase this house. It is the located at the front of the house, the first room you see when you enter the front door. It had horrible red blotchy painted walls, with brown slate tile flooring.

Removing slate has to be one of the worst jobs in the world. It breaks up and crumbles into dust and make a terrible mess. Also the noise from the jackhammer isn’t very pleasant and it took my husband 5 hours to do my small studio. I can’t wait to show you the finished result soon. But right now we are installing a new ikea kitchen, and my studio has become a storage area for food and looks too cluttered and messy to take pictures off.

0 comments: