Wednesday, October 13, 2010

In my garden


Pink Lady Apple Tree

Willow Tree

Kalanchoe

 Ferns and Rainwater Tank

Grevillea

Lavender & Bee

Red Geranium

Chamelaucium

Roses hanging over our fence from the neighbours garden

Convolvulus

don't know what flower this is, but its pretty

Waiting to be planted: more Lavender and a Sliver Birch Tree


This post might be a bit boring, and I do apologies. But taking pictures of flowers and trees reminds me of my Nana, Freda. She died when I was 14 years old in a car accident. I inherited a big box of her photographs; there were lots of pictures of flowers and trees inside. She loved her garden, and it feels like she is with me when I am taking pictures of my garden.






9 comments:

Jasmine said...

My mother always had a huge, detailed garden with a thousand different things in it - I wish I had garden space. I think the informal name for that unnamed flower has something to do with bonnets? Mum had something similar in her garden.

Gill@OurParklife said...

oh so not boring....i loved looking at these photos...and what a sad but amazing story behind them...i love that you are following on your Nana's photographic journey...

gill xo

m.e (Cathie) said...

i would never get bored of your pics Kelly, especially flower pics, love them.
hope you are enjoying this rain, crazy, crazy spring!
♥

In Real Life said...

Your photos of your beautiful flowers are gorgeous! What a special way to feel close to your Nana!

Dani said...

Too beautiful. Love it and a bit jealous.

Notice you don't see any pics of my "garden".

Lizeylou said...

I love flowers pictures ... and what a beautiful garden you have!! I especially love your Kalanchoe ... very pretty!!

Mel said...

The pictures are beautiful.

Signe said...

Your garden is something else! And I love the smell of Lavender :)

Krystal said...

that is so beautiful, the sentiments about your Nana - she left a pretty legacy =)