Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day Two - Warrnambool and Port Fairy

Day Two – Picture from our little family holiday taken last week. See pictures from Day One here!

  {Waves crashing in Warrnambool, if we had arrived a day earlier we would have seen whales}


{Lady Bay Apartments in Warrnambool where we stayed}

 {Skye was fascinated with Granny’s Grave, but she was worried that her grandma was in there}

 {Granny’s Grave – first white women to be buried in Warrnambool in 1848}

{Griffiths Island Lighthouse in Port Fairy, I love this picture}

 {It took us 30mins to walk to the lighthouse build in 1859, the offspring were disappointed when they found the door locked – this lighthouse is still in operation today}


{Phoenix sitting on the wall soaking up the beautiful view just outside the lighthouse}

{Remnants of the Cottage Garden of the lighthouse keeper}

Back in Warrnambool we visited Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village...


{The Dressmakers was my favourite part of the model coastal village}

{Random lady walking though the village dress in old day clothes}

{I have always loved the old style of clothes, but it would be very hot in summer to wear all the layers of fabric}

{Gorgeous hats and bonnets, aren’t they pretty? You can see me in the mirror too}  

{Phoenix loved exploring the old boats in the village}

{When we first entered the village the offspring were given little passport books to collect stamps from the buildings. Alex took her stamp collecting very serious and hubby help she solve the clues}


{Highlight of the day for Skye was feeding the ducks}

10 comments:

Krystal said...

these pictures are so good! i'm in love with the first one and the lighthouse ones...

fairchildstreet said...

I thought I could see whales in the first photo and got all excited. Did you see the light show at Flagstaff Hill? It was great Charmaine

In Real Life said...

Absolutely stunning pictures! I love the first one and the lighthouse one. I love touring historical villages/parks too! It looks like your vacation is tons of fun! :)

{Amy} said...

oh, i just love the lighthouse one too, very cool!

Mel said...

Great pictures - love the lighthouse.

Dani said...

I love it. All of it.

The cobblestone streets are amazing.

Being Me said...

I love this part of the world, one of my sentimental favourites (childhood memories of holidays there every year). Gorgeous photos, and in the previous post on Warrnambool too. Wow!

Gill@OurParklife said...

Fabulous pics! Poor Skye....i can imagine I would have thought the same thing as a child...

Yes, the dressmakers look gorgeous!

myshoeboxlife.com said...

Beautiful pics. Port Fairy is my favourite place on earth, just bliss. Haven't been there for over a year though. Wish I could spend all my weekends there. *sigh*

Bron @ Baby Space said...

Gorgeous -- absolutely love the photo of the lighthouse.