Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday







I woke up at 7.30am feeling flat and un-inspired this morning after working until 1.30am. I dropped Alex and Phoenix at school by 8.20am. I took the rest morning off and headed out the door. I finally took Skye to the hairdressers after her unauthorised hair cut. The hair dresser at “The Stag” had a Mohawk and I was worried at first that he wouldn’t be able to understand how important it was to try and fix Skye’s hair without making it too short. But my worry was unfounded he was great, and gave Skye’s self inflicted layers at feathering, so that they blend better. I am very happy with the end result!

After Skye’s hair cut, we headed to the direct factory outlets in Moorabbin which is around 40 mins drive away. I wanted to get Skye a pair of converse shoes at a bargain price. She grows so fast, I didn’t want to pay full price for shoes she might only wear a short time. She picked a pretty mauvey pink colour. I got them for $30, which is a great price for a brand new pair in Australia.

Before going home, I purchase a couple of new tops for Skye in cotton on kids for $5 each and we had a cookie and coffee at Gloria Jeans. It felt so good to spend some time away for the house, just Skye and I hanging out. Came home had a healthy lunch, Skye played happily on her own while I got two express post orders ready to post in the afternoon.

Side note, the first yellow flower bloomed from my Marigold seedlings I planted weeks ago. It's so pretty :) Marigolds remind me of the Nirvana B-Sides song sang by Dave Grohl.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I love the last photo...

Signe said...

the hair looks good and this sounds like such a nice day!
hairdresser and shopping - does not get much better than that :)

Lizeylou said...

We love connies at our house - a family favourite for all!! And that cookie - YUM!

Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds like a great day.

JK said...

I have a daughter who is obsessed with Converse so I'll be making a trip to Moorabbin soon too. Hair cut looks great.

k said...

that sounds like a lovellyyyyy day for you guys :)

Dani said...

What is it with girls and scissors?

Converse are the best. And Vans. I like Vans as well.

Cathie said...

gorgeous pics!!
i normally buy converse from the outlet in Collingwood, around that price, cannot justify to buy them for any more because Amelie also grows too fast.
snap with the top, Aidan is wearing it in my yesterday post. LOVE it