Saturday, October 9, 2010

This Saturday I'm grateful for...Hair Clips, Flowers and my Husband

{January 2007 – Skye modelling one of my ordinal hand cut and sewn felt flower hair clips}

This Saturday I'm grateful for...


1.Hair Fairy Clips, my wonderful home grown business. I started making hair clips in October 2006, 4 years ago. Skye was 10 months old, and had this crazy Mohawk sticky up hair do, and I want to tame it so I started making my own hair clips. I sold my first handmade felt flower hair clip on EBay for $2 and I was hooked. My business has grown a lot in four years, I am so proud of everything I have achieved.

2.Spring flowers, are everywhere! I will be driving along in the car and be total distracted by all the beauty outside the window. I am lucky I haven’t had a car accident yet.

3.My husband, I have hardly seen him this week, but when I have he has been very understanding and supportive. He knows how to calm me down and relieve some of the stress of the week.

I am playing along with Maxabella loves, this fine Saturday. Be sure to check out more grateful posts today.


14 comments:

Naomi said...

love the cute hair clip {you are talented!} and the super cute girl modeling it! great list :)

MultipleMum said...

I love your hair clips too. Where can we get some? The Minx is desperately in need.

MultipleMum said...

Oh. And I keep meaning to tell you that my Mum handed on a book to me by someone Haig called The Radleys. It is a vampire book and I am loving it! I am sure you will too :)

Sarah said...

Nothing better than a calming man sometimes is there? I'm lucky I have one here too who is helping me cope with the stress of renovations and moving. I love the sound of your business too. Will definitely check it out! Have a great weekend x

fairchildstreet said...

Yes a wonderful husband is great. Wish I was young enough to wear hairclips but on a forty something old woman just not right I reckon. LOL Charmaine

Signe said...

You have started your own business going with some very nice goods so you have all the reason to be proud!
Have a great weekend :)

Kristi said...

i had a peek at your shop. my favorite clip is the woodland owl...if i only had a girl.

Krystal said...

goodness, your hair clips are adorable!

Mummahh said...

oh i LOVE hairclips too! im addicted!

augustalolita said...

omgosh she's so adorable <3 and i love the little flower clip on her hair :)

Maxabella said...

I think it's fantastic that you've grown your business from scratch like this. It takes a lot of creativity and drive to build something all your own. I really admire you, Kelly. x

Lizeylou said...

Congrats on how successful your business has become - and I can see why. Your clips are very cute! And Yay for a lovely husband.

Abby said...

You've done such a wonderful job with your business, Kelly, you should be so proud of yourself. Well done you!

Dani said...

That picture is so very sweet.

Go you! And I hope you and your man get some couple time asap.